The world is a funny place right now Today I left a half eaten sandwich on my plate after lunch while a child who is half alive in Africa suffers from near death I live in a fat lazy society in which I hang my head to think of the more we could become if we turned off the television and video games in order to devote ourselves to higher causes
My Paper Napkin project has been born out of a calling to put pen to paper that I feel coming from deep within my soul Time flies Nashville seems so far away but I feel so much more prepared to accept the role of song creator than I once did I am older I am wiser More hard earned experience runs through my body
What is the goal of a Paper Napkin To wipe greasy cheeseburger off of a chin To wipe the bright red lipstick off of a lip To wipe up an incredibly messy toddler To write down a song idea when it comes to life
In Nashville I ate 39 cent cheeseburgers and not much else I have embraced Russian Red lipstick I have some incredible toddlers who create fantastic messes All that said
This Paper Napkin project is for me to record the lyrics that find me in the shower car or wherever it happens to be
Comment but don't crumple
I like this. Very much indeed.
ReplyDelete